Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fire & Ice Finale

Just when I thought that I'd finished my Fire & Ice collection, along comes another pressing of Not Of This World to prove me wrong. After picking up the last copies that I needed for Gods & Devils and Grim, I thought that I was all set...and then one of the band members goes and posts that he is selling a copy of the new LP that I'd never seen before. Damn. This quest was going to drag on for a little longer.

Of course I wasn't going to let it slip by me. No way. This copy was going to be mine. It was the last piece of the puzzle, and I was going to own it at any cost.

This one comes with a special cover for the Sound & Fury 2012 fest, and was limited to only 30. You can count on the special FNI pressings to look amazing, and this one is no exception. Another job well done.

When building my collections, I don't really consider test pressings to be mandatory...they are a nice bonus, but I don't feel the need to own them in order to call it complete. So while I'm missing the test pressing for both of the 7 inches...and I'd pick them up if I found them for a decent price...I'm considering this case closed.

8 comments:

Across Your Face said...

Incredible job Mike!

mcs said...

This ltd to 30 version of the LP looks great. Reminds me of Bad Religion's 'Into The Unknown'.

Also, the final collection pic looks great. Nice work!

J@screamingforrecords said...

Brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Weird, the Reaper Records Discography states the /30 LP to be white... Will contact Guav with a link to this post. Thanks for sharing!

Guav said...

They were short one white vinyl, so they used a black vinyl copy for the remaining cover.

Mike said...

Thanks Willem and Guav for the info. I had no idea!

Guav said...

I didn't either, until Willem asked me about it, so I asked the band.

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again; You're a lucky man Mike!