Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Promises Kept In Secret

Could Bridge Nine have made this any more confusing? For the fourth pressing of Champion's Promises Kept, Bridge Nine posted two different pieces of colored vinyl in their webstore, right along with three different colors for the Time Slips Away LP. B9 also posted a package deal that included one of each LP in the most rare color that was available. Pretty straight forward, right? I ordered all 5 different pressings, so I figured that I was good to go, and I passed on the package deal because I didn't need another Champion poster.

Turns out there was an additional color pressing of Promises Kept. The problem is that Bridge Nine never indicated that there was a third color and that it was limited to this package deal. Why not mention this detail for those that are ordering? Was it some kind of secret, or was it just bad advertising?

After I learned about the green vinyl, I emailed Bridge Nine to confirm that it was still available. I wasn't thrilled about having to go back and place another order, but I was thankful that the package deal hadn't sold out. Hell, here we are two months after I placed my order, and the Champion package is still listed. Wow. I can't believe it hasn't sold out yet! Then again, maybe they could have marketed it better and mentioned the exclusive colored vinyl.

Since I had to order the package deal, that meant that I had to buy another copy of Time Slips Away on clear vinyl, and I now have a spare copy.

It had been a while since I'd take a group photo of my Champion collection, and with these newest additions, I figured I'd drag them all out for a picture.

For those of you at home keeping score, Promises Kept is currently beating The Things We Carry, 14 to 10.

8 comments:

Doug W said...

16 copies of Promises Kept for me. We should form a club or something.

Anonymous said...

16 copies of Promises Kept for me too. We should invite all other big Champion collectors (Jon Cliche, Dobek etc.) and take one huge picture.

Mike said...

Which other two do you have? I'm guessing a test press, and possibly the record release cover with the Bridge Nine stamp????

Anonymous said...

Record release with and without B9 logo, warehouse edition on black and tan.

I don't care about different shades of tan or test presses.
I did bought two 7" test presses last year. hahaha

Mike said...

I used to say the same thing..."I don't care about test pressings"...and then I bought one...then another...and then another. I don't really count them in my quest for a complete collection, but it does feel pretty good when I get my hands on one.

Doug W said...

The two more I have are warehouse copies. I have the tan, black and also white.

mcs said...

I love this band and I love this album, but I 'only' have 6 copies of it, and I have zero interest in owning any of these repress versions. Sometimes I don't even understand myself.

Across Your Face said...

I know how you feel Marcus... sometimes my interest only piques once it finally goes oop. A true vinyl masochist.