Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mob Mentality

Mob Mentality released a demo last year, and I seem to recall there was some buzz on the band. Featuring members of Lion of Judah, Mindset, and Desperate Measures, I'm pretty sure that Youngblood was going to release this 7 inch at one point. In the end, one of the guys from Give decided to release it on his own Thrash King label.

Musically this is very rough sounding Straight Edge Hardcore. Given the history of the players involved, I'm not overly impressed with it. It doesn't come across as very serious to me...sounding like the outcome of a few friends jamming Hardcore songs in their basement. Not bad...it just didn't blow me away like I had expected.

Like the production of this 7 inch, the packaging is very rough and maintains that look and feel of a demo.

1 comment:

Across Your Face said...

If I end up making a top 10 worst cover art/layouts of the year list, this 7" is definitely going on it. I still want to check it out, sounds kind of fun.