Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bridge Nine Has Expired

I'd been hearing the name Expire thrown around for a couple of years now. Six Feet Under released a 7 inch last year, but for one reason or another I was never interested in checking it out. Even with Bridge Nine releasing the band's full length LP, I still couldn't be bothered.

Once I saw the album cover for Pendulum Swings, I found myself suddenly intrigued. There was something about the front cover that made me think, "Hey, maybe I'll give this band a chance.". I quickly found a download for the album, and after a couple of listens, I was on my way to the Bridge Nine store to pick up a copy.

Expire play in the vein of bands like Backtrack, Trapped Under Ice, and other bands that play the current style of no-bullshit Hardcore with a tough guy edge. This style doesn't always fully grab my attention, but Expire do a pretty solid job with this LP.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Yeah good 'solid' band, I like this album.