Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Youngblood: Part 4 - Free Records

The final post from this Youngblood series. Nothing really exciting, but Youngblood included a couple of free records from their distro with my order. Honestly, from the look of these record covers, they aren't anything that I would have picked up on my own.

The Our Times 7 inch isn't terrible, in fact some of it is pretty good straight forward Youth Crew influenced Hardcore. That cover on the other hand, may be one of the worst I've ever seen...The Incredible Hulk with X'd up boxing gloves? The image leads me to believe they are some militant Straight Edge band, yet they have a song called X's Aren't Everything. I don't know...I want to like it, but I wonder if I'll ever look to spin this again.

The other record that Sean Youngblood cleared out of his distro was a 7 inch from a band called Ability. I'd never heard of them, but since Todd Jones wrote one of their songs, I'm wondering if they were more well known in Southern California. While the record was released in 2008, they remind me of that Bridge Nine sound from the early 2000's.

103 on green.

No comments: