Friday, June 01, 2012

Record Store Day Mailorder

I don't understand the point of making Record Store Day items available to order online. Isn't the whole point of the day to show appreciation and support for your local record store? Making the vinyl available for pre-order through a webstore kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Still, since I was doubtful that the new reissue of Endpoint's In A Time Of Hate was going to make it to a small store up in Portland, Maine, as soon as Simba Records had the vinyl available in their webstore, I placed my order.

I love the packaging that Simba did for this reissue. Silk screened cover with red vinyl.

I was surprised to see Endpoint's first album get reissued. Sure it is one of my favorites from them, but I would have expected Catharsis, as that is generally regarded as the band's peak. Equally strange was to see that Simba was the one to release it. I haven't seen anything from this label since the mid-90's when I was buying Greyhouse and Texas Is The Reason records. Funny that they are back in 2012 with this Hardcore classic.

Hand numbered and limited to 500.

1 comment:

99 Cent Merchandise said...

awesome stuff! More power to your blog!