Saturday, June 02, 2012

Record Store Day 2011: Late Pass

When Revelation repressed the first Elliott LP to vinyl for last year's Record Store Day, I honestly didn't give a shit. Stacked up next to reissues from Burn, Youth Of Today, and Quicksand, Elliott was the odd man out. Apparently I wasn't alone, because my local record store still has a bunch of copies of the US Songs LP taking up space in their vinyl section. By the time Record Store Day 2012 rolled around, they all had 50% of stickers on them. Seven bucks? Now that's a price I'd pay for Elliott vinyl.

While I tend to slag some of REV's more "rock" releases, this Elliott LP isn't really that bad. Sure I liked them better when they were called Falling Forward, and they had a bit more grit to their sound, but still, I can hang with this LP. Actually, after spinning this vinyl reissue, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Hey, maybe someday I'll check out one of their other albums. Yeah, someday.

500 pressed on grey vinyl.

1 comment:

Across Your Face said...

The vinyl looks really nice atleast.