Saturday, June 30, 2012

Clear Meat

16 posts so far this month. It a pretty strong showing, but because I've been churning out so many posts lately, I feel like I'm been slacking on the blog since I haven't written anything since Monday. It's been a busy week, and while I've ordered about 7 more records, I haven't been able to touch the backlog of new vinyl that is stacking up in my music room. With that said, let's get start swinging again.

Originally released back in 1985, Drastic Plastic reissued the War Of The Superbikes LP from The Meatmen in 2010. While this album isn't as raw and offensive as the first recordings from The Meatmen, make no mistake, there were no punches pulled to please the more PC crowd with this one.

Limited to 1,000 on clear vinyl.

I can understand that Graham McCulloch from Negative Approach was in The Meatmen, given the Detroit connection, but it still blows me away that Brian Baker and Lyle Preslar from Minor Threat were also in this band.

One of the cool things about the Drastic Plastic represses is how they change their logo to match the record label logo from the original pressing. I find it to be a nice touch.

Honestly, because I already own an original pressing, I wasn't too interested in buying the repress. However it is difficult to walk away from a sale this good.

No comments: