Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Feeding The Fire

The special pressing of the Praise 7 inch wasn't the only thing that REACT! was giving away to the first kids through the door at last years Showcase.

Aram had originally released the What Feeds The Fire 7 inch on his first label, Anchor Records, back in 2001. He had some extra vinyl that was locked away in storage for the past 10 years, so he dug it out, printed up a special cover for the Showcase, and gave them away for free. True Hardcore Lives.

Number 8 out of 88.

Prior to the Showcase pressing, I didn't own any vinyl for What Feeds The Fire. It felt wrong that this was my only copy, so I set out on a mission to own one of the regular pressings. After a quick search of eBay, I was able to pick one up for fairly cheap.

The packaging on this is very good...very original. The whole thing is designed like a matchbook cover. Open it up and you've got a set of matches on the back of the lyric sheet.

Even the back cover has the strike area for lighting the match. Nicely done.

Of course members of What Feeds The Fire went on to bigger things with Verse and Soul Control, but this Set Me Free 7 inch is pretty solid as well, and should not be overlooked.

1 comment:

Zhou said...

I love that disc ! The design is so cool.

I put a post with my collection of this record on my new blog a few days ago :

http://cracboomyeah.blogspot.fr/2012/05/what-feeds-fire-set-me-free-collection.html