Monday, April 30, 2012

The Blackest Breath

I had never heard of Black Breath back when their first LP, Heavy Breathing, was released back in 2010. By the time I figured out how great they were, I had missed the boat on the colored vinyl. I was not going to miss out this time around, and when I heard from Sandwell that a new album was available for pre-order through Southern Lord, I jumped on it.

Sentenced To Life isn't much of a deviation from Heavy Breathing, and that's okay with me. Black Breath keep raging with a full on Metal assault. Feast of the Damned, Forced Into Possession, Home of the Grave, Endless Corpse...damn...how Metal are those song titles??!?!

The whole thing is topped off with an amazing looking album cover that has the look and feel of the mid-80's scene. I don't know...it just really reminds me of the early Exciter records, and that's pretty cool in my book.

Red with black splatter vinyl for mailorder.

No comments: