Friday, February 03, 2012

Yawn Of Today

Nothing too exciting to see here. The vinyl re-issue of Were Not In This Alone...on black vinyl...yawn. The fact is, I only owned this re-issue on CD, and I wanted a vinyl copy because one can never have too many Youth Of Today records. I already own the superior Caroline pressing, but this copy has been hanging out a my local record store for too long. It was time to give it a good home.

I never had a problem with the layout of this Revelation remastered pressing. Ray looks like a maniac tearing into the mic, and really captures the live intensity of the band. Sure the original cover is better, but honestly, this cover is nowhere as bad as Can't Close My Eyes and Break Down The Walls. I'll spin this once, and then put it on the shelf. What is the point, you ask? It is Youth Of Today, and that is the only reason I need to buy this.

2 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

Have to admit I hate all the rev reissues of the YOT LP except the recent one of 'Can't close my eyes'. At least that was actually not horrible to look at.

Mike said...

Yeah, the recent CCME was pretty good, but the first REV reissue looked like shit. I like the way this reissue of WNITA looks, and I like it when the reissues have a different design. Re-recording parts of this album ruined how it sounds, and I have no need to listen to that.