Thursday, February 09, 2012

Six Songs Of Ceremony

I like Ceremony. I don't feel the need to collect every pressing of every one of their records, but I still really like this band. Collecting the new six song cover record seems to be be the exception to that rule. Sure, it wasn't too difficult, but my collection for this is now complete.

Red vinyl was the most limited pressing for this record. 500 were pressed, but Bridge Nine originally only made them available through some package deal. I wasn't interested in spending a few extra bucks on the package to get a giant poster of Ceremony's singer deep throating a microphone, so I passed and just went with the clear vinyl.

For Black Friday, Bridge Nine made a big deal about a sale they were going to have. Those interested were urged to get in early for the opportunity for some great stuff. With thoughts of limited vinyl dancing in our heads, a bunch of us were online at 6:00 in the morning expecting to find some awesome surprises. The whole thing was a pretty much a bust. No Warehouse Pressings, no long lost vinyl. The best thing that I walked away with was the red vinyl for the Ceremony 12 inch at the regular price. I got out of bed early for this?

Since my local record store had about three copies of the Ceremony on black vinyl. I figured that I'd grab one to complete the collection.

While the red and clear vinyl have a screened b-side, the black vinyl is etched. Limited to 1,000.

All three of these were really well done, and truly show Bridge Nine's creative side. Nicely done.

2 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

I remember having an eagle eye on my PC for a couple of hours on black friday. Because of the time difference I didn't have to get up early but yeah, what a let down. I ended up with bugger all.

Anonymous said...

Awesome record!