Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Don't Care

Think I Care play a style of Hardcore that is ugly and mean. No tough guys here...Think I Care are just vicious. I've owned two of their albums for years, but I rarely gave them a spin because they were just so abrasive. Over the past year or so, I've started to listen to them more and more, and I've finally started to appreciate them.

One of the obvious holes in my collection was the Mongrel record. I downloaded it last year, and before too long, I knew that I needed to hunt down a copy.

I managed to dig up a nice copy on eBay, and you know, I don't even care that it is a 10 inch record. It is an odd ball format, and I know know why you wouldn't just release it on a 12 inch. Still, my collection has slowly grown, and the more 10 inches I pick up, I less I hate them.


The funny thing is that I've always thought the front cover for Mongrel featured a couple of snarling polar bears. I guess the record title should have tipped me off, but the back cover confirms that they are actually dogs.

2 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

I know I'm in the minority but I've always liked 10" records. It's a cute looking format and they're not as useless as one sided 12" records.
Yeah this is a good record.

Dan Emery said...

Jeez this thing is in the same town as me??? This is a gem for real... I am jealous