Sunday, February 26, 2012

Getting Off!

Record Store Day 2011. I had heard that OFF! was going to have a special release for this day last year. I found the Live at Generation Records 7 inch, and was pleased that I was able to score this limited vinyl release. However, when I got home later that night, I started to hear some rumblings about a separate OFF! release from Southern Lord Records. While the 7 inch, Compared To What b/w Rotten Apple, is made up of two cover songs, OFF! truly make them their own.

By the time I'd heard about this record, it appeared to be sold out. As the months rolled by, I soon knew that I was going to have to rely on eBay if I wanted a copy. Colored vinyl for this release seems to be going for around $30. I went cheap for now and just picked up the black vinyl for $6. Someday I'd like to grab the blue and red pressings of this as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's also a different cover too...

mcs said...

I think there's three colours of this to be honest... the blue tour press with vans shoe cover, the red vinyl in regular cover, and then a second press (which must have come out about a week after the other two) on maroon / black mix vinyl which gets called 'wine' for some dumbass reason. I have the latter which I ordered direct from the label although it was a good couple of months after record store day (see here). I'd like the other two colours too, but at $35 a pop it ain't happening anytime soon.

Mike said...

I figured that your "wine" color was just the red pressing with some black in it. Awwww hell, I don't care, I want them all...in fact I want everything, which will be my downfall.