Saturday, February 04, 2012

10 Years Of Giving Blood

I've never been a collector of Bane vinyl. I loved the band when I first heard them around 1996/1997, but at the time I wasn't really collecting records, and soon after I fell into a CD slump. As the years went by, I kind of got bored with what they were doing. When I saw them a year or so ago at the Triple B Showcase, it was like a punch to the head. The band were still intense and passionate live, and revisiting their last couple of albums, I found that they really held up over the years. Yeah, I was back on board the Bane bandwagon.

2011 marked the 10 year anniversary of Bane's Give Blood LP. Triple B took on the task of releasing this special pressing, and the job they did is of the highest quality. For the anniversary pressing, Triple B went with new cover art on an embossed gatefold sleeve.

Red with white splatter colored vinyl. Limited to 200.

Even though the album cover got new artwork, the original cover found it's way to the nice booklet that was included.

The booklet is a nice reproduction of the CD insert from the original Equal Vision release. Was it similar to the original vinyl release? I have no idea, I've never owned one. Having the Anniversary pressing kind of makes me want one though.

While I was in the Triple B store, I figured that I'd grab a copy of the Downpresser 7 inch. I really like this record and have slowly been building up my collection for this band. I still need the purple vinyl to complete things, but now I've got the most common pressing. Red vinyl is limited to 600.

2 comments:

mcs said...

It was a toss up for me today whether to put up the Black Flag record or the Bane record. As you know, I went with the lazy option. Interesting that you went with my other option though.

Mike said...

I've only had this record for about two months...25+ posts later, it finally makes it to the blog.