Thursday, January 12, 2012

Damage Scars

I was really into the "Ebullition sound" of the early to mid 90's. I bought a lot of my records from Kent McLard's distro, and I ate up just about anything he carried or put out with Ebullition. Some of those bands didn't really stand the test of time, and a lot of them have fallen off my playlists. Still, when I pull out something from likes of Shotmaker, Downcast, Current, or Iconoclast, I'm reminded that there were some real classics from those days.

While I no longer actively search out newer bands that play this style these days, Damages seem to have made their way to my turntable. Introduced to me through their REACT! 7 inch last year, I was kind of impressed that bands like this are still around, and how well Damages can pull off this sound.

In addition to the REACT! release, the label was also carrying the band's Scars 7 inch in their webstore. I don't really know a whole lot about this band, but I believe this is the first 7 inch from this Canadian band. Listening to it now, and damn, it makes me want to pull out my copy of the Navio Forge LP. Cool shit.

2 comments:

Joel said...

1. Scars 7" (Clue #2 - Self-released)
2. Unrequited 7" (REACT!)
3. Book of Caverns split 7" (Clue #2 - Self-released)
4. Indignation LP (REACT!)

They also have an unreleased song on a tape comp put out by Revolution Winter.

They remind me of Shotmaker or Amber Inn.

End nerd post.

Mike said...

Thanks Joel. I forgot that Damages have that LP coming from REACT! soon. Looking forward to it.