Thursday, September 01, 2011

Youngblood In The Water

A couple months ago, Lins sent me a message saying that he was selling some records. He sent a list and said to make offers if I was interested. As soon as I saw the Youngblood releases, I knew that I was interested. My YB collection is pretty weak, and I've been wanting to beef it up for a while now. This was a great opportunity for some cheap additions.

Rancor's Flip The Switch would be my favorite Youngblood release...with the Lights Out LP a close second. These dudes, don't mess around.

Second pressing with the green and black cover. 500 pressed.

Hey, speaking of Lights Out, I also grabbed my very first vinyl copy of the band's debut 7 inch, Get Out. Not as strong as their LP, but this still rages.

150 pressed on green vinyl for pre-orders.

That might have been my first vinyl copy of the Lights Out 7 inch, but truth be told, this was the first time I've even heard the Life's Halt record. This stuff is pretty manic, fast paced stuff. It doesn't blow me away, but it's still a keeper.

925 pressed with black ink on yellow paper for the second pressing.

Finally, we have the Shark Attack Blood In The Water 7 inch on My War Records. Another first, as this is my first copy of this on vinyl. Nope, I don't even own a Bridge Nine pressing. Lame. This record rules hard, and I need to cough up the cash and get to work on collecting this.

I have no idea how many were pressed from My War.

As a bonus, Lins threw in some stickers of the early Revelation bands. Sweet, now I can decorate my car just like I did back in '91. Thanks man, cool stuff.

3 comments:

matt said...

You like the Lights Out LP better than the 7"??!!

Mike said...

The LP destroys the 7 inch. Believe this...I will spread my disease!

Anonymous said...

I think the MY WAR pressing is approx. 500 only