Thursday, September 22, 2011

Street Prowl

I managed to catch Rotting Out's set at the Triple B Showcase last year, and they impressed the Hell out of me. They played an amazing set with lots of energy and a really cool early Suicidal Tendencies/LA vibe. After the show, I was hot to get my hands on some vinyl from them and I picked up their second 7 inch. Unfortunately, the vinyl didn't capture the feeling of their live show.

This year, the band follows up their impressive song on the America's Hardcore comp from Triple B, with a brand new full length, Street Prowl. The singer from those first two 7 inches has been replaced, and the band now seems to capture a bit of that live energy on the new record. Definitely a step up.

I was planning on ordering this album from REVHQ, but when I noticed that they didn't stock the colored vinyl for Street Prowl, I headed over to Hellfish instead. 300 pressed on red vinyl.


5 comments:

matt said...

I've been lagging on picking up this record simply for the fact that they switched singers and I'm a big fan of the demo and 7".

Mike said...

Yeah, when a band replaces a singer, it makes me cautious to stick with 'em and still check 'em out...*soul control*. Which is why I downloaded this album before I bought it.

matt said...

At least with Rotting Out the dude had always been in the band. Have you ever listend to Dog Pile? Dog Pile basicaly turned into Rotting Out. Same members for the most part. Some Dog Pile songs turned into Rotting Out songs too.

Dan Emery (windham) said...

Maybe you already know, but the original vocalist of rotting out (maine mike) is from Lewiston. i wasn't too impressed with this record, i'm more into the demo than anything from this band. I was at that America's hardcore record release show in Haverhill, rotting out was awesome that night. I just saw them again a couple months ago with Shipwreck, they were great at that too.

Mike said...

Wow Dan, I had no idea. Very cool that the old singer was from Maine.