Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mike Gets Into The Descendents

I've never really paid too much attention to the Descendents. I owned a couple of thier CDs, but for the most part, they were largely ignored. Sure Marcus jocked them for awhile, but what really got me to seriously check them out was a recent poll on Double Cross, and the write up that Tim did. Look, I respect Marcus' opinion, but when Tim Mouthpiece says that the Descendents wrote some of his favorite songs ever, I'm sitting up and taking notice.

While they aren't going to be my favorite band, I can sure appreciate the Descendents. Sure some of their songs are immature and border on retarded, but damn they keep things upbeat and fun. I had some spare change in my pocket a couple weeks ago, so I picked up this reissue of the Descendents first album.



I'm not a loser.

3 comments:

mcs said...

I can't believe that Tim McMahon's opinion matters more than mine. Pah!

Interesting that you didn't buy the record he chose as his favourite though. Maybe next time...

Mike said...

I bought the only album that was available at the record store! Dude, you listen to Piebald, so your tastes are always in question.

Alternate 1995 said...

pieballs is no good. He got you there.