Sunday, August 14, 2011

Deny The Flow

Set adrift.
They drift away.
I reach to save them.
But how can I save those who won’t save themselves.
Goodbye.

Outspoken had some pretty powerful lyrics in their songs, and the words to Current may be one of my all time favorites. Therefore, I was pretty excited when New Age Records recently reissued the final, and best, Outspoken record on vinyl.

I don't have the original pressing of The Current on vinyl, so I'm not sure if this CD booklet insert is a cop out for this reissue. Did New Age go this cheap with this insert the first time around?

147 on blue/grey colored vinyl.

Keeping with their reissue tradition, New Age also did a limited "77 pressing" complete with the limited alternate cover and Walk Proud record labels.


Probably the biggest bonus for this New Age order was that my records didn't take 6 months to arrive. Seems that they now have someone reliable managing the distro for New Age, and my order got here within a week.

8 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark-Sandwell said...

No, I think React records have decided to beat new age for being the slowest mailorder around at the moment. I ordered some shirts a few weeks ago, when I asked where they were I got an email saying they're busy with other orders and they'll send mine out in the next few weeks.

Mike said...

At least React responded! I remember numerous emails to New Age that went unanswered. :)

mcs said...

The original pressing of 'The Current' does indeed have a proper 7" square insert.

Mike said...

Thanks Marcus. I hoped that was the case.

buzzkill.xvx said...

I put in my order for the two 7"es on June 1st and still don't have them. Maybe I should stop being a patient boy and start writing them about it. Last time I ordered it went a little faster.

Piesay said...

To be fair, i msg mike in fb and he replied. Guess wut? I received my order in less than 2 wks. Workin and hain kids, i know how difficul to run a labal and bein in a band. But agreed, new age need to buck up

Piesay said...

And yeah im fr malaysia