Saturday, May 21, 2011

Remission Euro Press

A record so good, the Europeans needed a pressing for themselves.

Remission's 2009 debut LP, Accept, was recently repressed by Assault Records. The label did a great job with this pressing. Dark purple vinyl and a new design for the cover. While the cover doesn't look as nice as the original that was pressed on Amendment Records, I'll still give them props for using something different for the Euro press. My only complaint on this whole thing is the logo for Assault. A pair of crossed guns, looking like some kind of vegan warrior record label from the early 90's...lame.


As soon as Assault Records announced they were repressing this, Amendment mentioned that they would stock a few in their store. This would save me from overseas shipping so I played the waiting game, and grabbed a copy as soon as they were available.

363 pressed on clear purple mixed with black.


The vinyl for this looks great, but my original pictures didn't really capture the color that well. I had to photograph the record back lit from my bedroom window for the full effect.


Prior to Remission, Philippe and Daniel played in a band called Remains To Be Seen. To be honest, if it wasn't for this connection, I probably would have never bothered to go back and check them out. Boy, I'm glad that I did. Sure you can make comparisons to Remission, but the songs on this record have a strong influence from bands like Insted and No For An Answer. So good.


This is the second pressing for this record. 125 on red vinyl.

No comments: