Friday, March 11, 2011

A European Foundation

I like Foundation, but I never really set out to collect their records. Yet somehow, along the way, I've managed to pick up five different copies of the Hang Your Head 7 inch. The two latest copies are from the Euro press that Control Records did.

While I like Foundation, I LOVE Control Records. Each release has one limited pressing on colored vinyl, and a small run on black vinyl. The packaging is always well done, with a few stickers thrown in with each pressing. I'm really loving the new cover design for this Foundation record. Total quality. At this point I'd buy anything that the label releases.

100 on clear. 200 on black.

2 comments:

XhcnoirX said...

100 of those on black were sold with a 'European Winter Tour 2011 Limited Edition' sleeve (black print on green) on Foundation's Euro tour earlier this year. Hand-numbered, with a stamped white b-side label.

CONTROL RECORDS said...

pressing info is like this:
- 12 black wax / white labels / numbered / testpressing.
- 100 clear wax / numbered / mailorder / regular sleeve.
- 100 black wax / white B-side label + stamp / European toursleeve.
- 200 black wax / regular sleeve.
Thanks for the nice words about Control!