Monday, January 10, 2011

Give and Betrayed

Wow, it feels like I've been waiting for these records for a long time. Pre-orders for the new Betrayed and Give records went up in June...I received the record release pressings of these records in July and August...it took until December for the pre-order package to finally hit my doorstep.

The main reason for the delay was around numerous problems that REACT! ran into with the Give 7 inch. A special insert was included to explain what took so long for this to see the light of day.

This is a good 2 song 7 inch. It doesn't blow me away, but Give pulls off a pretty good D.C./Swiz sound. On the songs where they come at you with some intensity, I'm sucked right in...but sometimes the songs are too laid back, and I lose interest.

200 on yellow. 300 on blue. 500 on black. What is it with the big hole for 7 inch records? Why would a label decide to use that as opposed to the small hole? I don't get it.

I was pretty excited when I heard that Betrayed were releasing a new 7 inch. I knew that they were playing the occasional show, but I had no idea that they were a functional band again. Well, they haven't missed a beat with this new record. It took a little while for the title track, Suffering, to settle in with me, but this whole record is a great addition to a flawless discography.

200 on blue. 400 on white. 900 on black.

1 comment:

Wade said...

the song heaven is waiting is so good, so groovy