Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Remission: Past and Present

Remission are so good. If you like Verbal Assault and One Step Ahead, there is no reason for you to not like this band. They are set to have a new 7 inch released on REACT! any day now, there is talk about them doing a split 7 inch with Police & Thieves, Assault Records is doing a Euro pressing of their first LP, and here comes Amendment Records with their second pressing. 237 pressed on clear vinyl and a new insert.

Remission also recently had their demo pressed to vinyl. They packaged it with Tribute fanzine and limited it to 300. Nothing really new here, as all three songs on the demo made it to the Accept LP, still it was cool to finally pick this up.

While I was picking up the Remission records, I saw this 7 inch from Approach. I'd never heard them before, and the cover is so weird that it gives me the creeps...however, the description mentions that it has members of Remission, so I figured that I'd check it out. This record really surprised me. It totally reminds me of the first two Strife 7 inches, before they signed to Victory, and that is definitely a good thing. Great early 90's vibe from this band. 200 pressed on black vinyl.

No comments: