Sunday, December 19, 2010

Much Love For Youngblood

Youngblood Records doesn't make noise very often, but when they do, it is usually pretty impressive. Their newest release, Sacred Love's self-titled EP, is no exception.

Ev from Mindset switches roles, and moves from vocals to bass, with this new band out of Baltimore. While they cite the early Dischord roster and Bad Brains as influences, there are times during the song Peace of Mind that really remind me of Betrayed. 200 pressed on purple vinyl.

300 pressed on black vinyl.


I do not give a shit about cassettes, and I generally refuse to purchase demos pressed in this terrible format. Fuck that...I'll download it, and if it gets released later on vinyl, I'll pick it up then. Of course I also hate to pass on a new Youngblood release, so I bit the bullet and bought the new Police & Thieves cassette. Man, the new songs sound great, and I can't wait for the new record to drop in 2011. Limited to 100 copies, this cassette was released on Youngblood's imprint label, Youngblood Vaults, and is listed with catalog number 2. Wait. There was another release on Youngblood Vaults? What was number one?

The last thing that Youngblood released with their September pre-orders was the final pressing of When The Lights Go Out from Fired Up. Pressed on purple vinyl and with a special Final Pressing sleeve. I love this record and will proudly proclaim that I own 9 different copies of it.

Number 108 of 110 pressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

touchdown was number 1