Sunday, November 28, 2010

Risky Business On Red

Show of hands, who here listens to Risky Business? I can't get enough of this band, and I'm out on ebay at least once a week searching for their records. Unfortunately they don't seem to show up very often and I spend a lot of time searching through Tom Cruise soundtracks. I picked up the tour pressing of the Risky Business 2004 demo back in February, and when I came across the red vinyl recently, I was pretty excited to add it to my collection...even more so because it was only $4.00.

When I won this 7 inch on ebay, I had no idea what the pressing info was for this band. It was a mystery waiting to be solved. What else was out there waiting for me? When I received this red vinyl pressing, I had to see what I could find, and I tracked down the pressing info on the band's myspace page. Red vinyl was the second pressing and limited to 450. Case closed.

3 comments:

Glued To The Genre said...

I have the complete collection, including the test press. I found the red, the black, and the white 7" at shows/record shops. The other pressings/colours/covers I had to pick up off a guy on B9. Funny how I'm Canadian, and from the same provence as the band, yet I couldn't find everything here.

Mike said...

I remember some of the dudes from Risky Business hanging out at a Slapshot show that was happening one night. They were asking me if I was going to drive 2 hours into northern Maine for their show that weekend. I had never heard of Risky Business at that point, and I was like, ummm...no.

Glued To The Genre said...

To be honest, I never got into them until way after they broke up. In fact, I wasn't even into hardcore when they broke up! The members have gone on to be in a few current bands in Canada, more long the crusty and heavier side of hardcore.