Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Police Story

I've always regretted not picking up the Not Sorry package deal from Salad Days when they went up. At the time I was trying to watch my spending a little, and I chose not to take the leap. Ever since then, I've wished that I'd just bitten the bullet and bought it. When Salad Days announced that they were doing a Euro press for Police & Thieves, I knew that I was not going to make the same mistake.
Youngblood Records originally released the Amor Y Guerra as a 7 inch EP back in 2008. Like the CD that Youngblood also released, the Salad Days pressing includes both the Amor Y Guerra plus their first 7 inch on a full length LP.
Salad Days went with new artwork for the LP, incorporating what the band used for the Amor Y Guerra 7 inch record release cover. I don't know if I would have picked pink as the color for an album cover, but for this, it really works. The layout for this whole thing is well done. 100 on clear with pink splatter. I'm usually not a fan of splatter pattern colored vinyl, but the pink and clear looks amazing and coordinates with the cover art nicely.
150 were pressed on clear vinyl.


Only 250 were pressed on black so each one is a pretty limited run. Get yours while you can.

No comments: