Saturday, September 11, 2010

Give Me Pink

Seems like everyone it loving the band Give right now. I saw them live in Massachusetts about a year and a half ago with Mindset and Alert. They were just starting to make a little noise at that time, so I was excited to check them out. The first song they played sounded amazing with a strong Swiz influence...unfortunately they didn't hold my attention for very long and soon I was taking a seat and waiting for them to finish up so that I could see The Effort and Mindset play.

Fast forward to today and the band have released a well received 12 inch record, and are set to have a new 7 inch released on REACT! any day now. I've got my pre-order in for the 7 inch, but a month ago the band posted on the REACT! messageboard that they had a few copies of the new record left over from the Sound and Fury fest. It was limited to 125 on pink vinyl, came with a special cover since the regular covers weren't ready on time, and was available only from the band. In order to keep my REACT! collection up to date, I jumped on it and headed to the band's webstore to pick it up.

While I was buying the 7 inch, I figured that I'd give the 12 inch a chance. It was in it's second pressing and limited to 640 on pink vinyl. Damn, some of these songs sound so much like Swiz. Some of these songs grab me immediately, while others may take a little while to grow on me. Definitely worth checking out. The only downside is that it does not come with a download. Such a pain in the ass to have to rip my own mp3s from vinyl.


Okay, the back cover photo creeps me out. Gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at it.

It is always a nice touch when dudes from the band take the time to add a personal touch and include a little note with the record they are shipping out.

2 comments:

Wade said...

stop getting the same records as me.

Mike said...

I wish that I was getting the same records as you, Wade. Your Down To Nothing and True Colors collection puts mine to shame.