Monday, August 30, 2010

HeWhoCannotBeAged

I had a birthday this month. Normally I don't give birthdays a second thought...they come and go, and often times I have to stop and calculate how old I really am. This one was a bit different though. There was no forgetting that I was turning 40. This was a big one, and there was no avoiding it. I have an idea of what 40 looks like, and I don't think that I fit the profile. Call it a mid-life crisis, or maybe a healthy bit of denial, but I was bound and determined that by the time my birthday rolled around I was going to be in the best shape of my adult life. I doubled my gym time, doing weights in the morning and then cardio in the afternoon, and adjusted my diet to cut out some of the sugar and carbs. The end result is that I dropped 20 pounds. Fuck you forty...I'm not going down like that.
In keeping with my theme of punching 40 in the face, Rob was awesome enough to pick me up a copy of Black Breath's Heavy Breathing LP for my birthday. I had never heard of this band until I read about them on Doug's blog. He made them sound interesting, so I checked them out. Holy fucking Metal! Thrashing guitars, growled vocals, and Satan...just the kind of thing to keep this 40 year old feeling like he is 18 again.

This was my first Southern Lord piece of vinyl, and I've got to say that the packaging is very well done.

1 comment:

Doug W said...

Welcome to the club my man. 40 ain't shit.
Oh and as always, great album!