Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another Promise

A while back, Bridge Nine cleaned out their warehouse. They found some loose vinyl with no sleeves, so they packaged them up with a special Warehouse Edition sleeve and put them up in their webstore. Outbreak, the Black Friday '29/Death Before Dishonor split, and No Warning all got the Warehouse treatment, but the one that I REALLY wanted was Champion's Promises Kept. No Warning and Champion sold out before I could get one, and I was PISSED...so pissed, in fact, that I said "fuck it", and didn't even bother buying the ones that were available. I moaned and groaned, whining about it on various different messageboards. Eventually I got an email from Aram saying that Bridge Nine was going to send him a few, and that he would set one aside for me. I was thrilled, but over time, the record never arrived. Seems as though Aram didn't get very many copies and didn't have enough to go around. That's cool, I was glad that he had made the effort, but now the mission was mine. I finally came across one on eBay a couple months back, and was happy to finally add this to the collection.



It wasn't the most limited of the Champion Warehouse Edition. 205 were made with the left over vinyl from the last show. Not as cool as the one that Doug got, but I'm still happy to have a copy to once again complete my Champion collection.

2 comments:

Dobek Ohashi said...

Aside from the white vinyl (12) and the last show one (205) there were also few of the black 2nd press mixed in with these ridiculous covers, also numbered out of 205.

I have so many questions no one has answers to:

1. Were there 205 of the last show AND 205 of the 2nd press?

2. OR (which seems more likely) a mixture of 2nd the last gig presses in total of 205 copies. If thats the case, then how many of each?? Judging from how they pop up on ebay the last show version seems to come up a lot more often which would indicate probably about 150 to 50 on black (my estimate but its a guessing game only)

3. If there are close to 150-200 copies of the last show with the shit warehouse covers does that mean that there are only 200-250 of them with the regular covers seeing there were only 400 pressed? Or were there actually 550-600 of those made?

Someone please explain!

Wade said...

all good questions. i just want one copy for now.