Tuesday, June 22, 2010

If It Keeps On Raining, The Levee's Gonna Break

The parade continues. Usually when I get set on collecting vinyl for a band, it typically lasts for one or two records and then I get distracted and move on to something else. With Rain On The Parade, Marcus has kept me on task, and recently let me know about this clear vinyl pressing of the Body Bag EP. Once again, I found myself in a position where I'd spent too much money on vinyl recently, but I figured that if I could pick up this record for a steal, I'd grab it. Unbelievably, the bidding topped out at $10. Nice. I'll take it.
The pressing on clear vinyl comes with a different cover than the regular press, although I'm not sure what the occasion was. Was it a record release cover? Was it a pre-order cover? I don't know. Either way, I may like it more than the regular cover.


Number 41 out of 100.



My copy came with a note to the kid that bought it from Matt Smith of Contention Records(?). Apparently, Robert was upset about losing some money, and Matt felt the need to apologize. I don't know why, but I'll end up keeping this.

2 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

something tells me this robert dude is still pissed.

mcs said...

Good photos. Good record. Good work!