Monday, May 31, 2010

Use Your Head

It took me many years to finally check out the first Motorhead album. Back when I was living and breathing nothing but Metal back in the 80's, my collection started with the band's second album, Overkill. That one along with the following two, Bomber and Ace Of Spades, are pure perfection...but really, there isn't such a thing as a bad Motorhead album. While the first album showcases the band's rough and raw beginnings, it is the foundation on which those classic albums will be built upon, and it certainly should not be overlooked.

Back On Black re-issues always look amazing. The few that I've picked up over the last couple of years have always left me impressed with how solid the packaging is. Colored vinyl. Gatefold cover. Quality.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Back on Black... yet on grey. Hmmmm. Is it just me, or does that not quite work?

Mike said...

Ha ha...I know. All their stuff is pressed on colored vinyl.