Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Line Is Drawn

Since we are talking about bands that I missed the first time around, I might as well post about the Carry On record that I received recently. I'm not sure when they released The Line Is Drawn...1999/2000????....but I do know for sure that I was not buying any vinyl at the time. I was strictly buying only CDs, and therefore I missed out on a lot of great hardcore 7 inches from this time period. I didn't check out Carry On until around 2001 when Youngblood released the It's All Our Blood CD. I didn't start buying vinyl again until I saw Internal Affairs in 2003. My brother Paul and I had driven to Boston to check out Stand & Fight, and IA was opening the show along with Blacklisted. Internal Affairs impressed me so much, plus they did a Judge cover, so I figured that I'd check out their merch table after the show. They didn't have any CDs, so I bit the bullet and picked up their 7 inch. Although I turned out that I never really liked that record all that much, it was the official turning point for me to start getting back into buying vinyl. It wasn't until Champion released Promises Kept in 2004 that I really dove headfirst into collecting vinyl.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I've had the color vinyl of this for years - pretty much since they came out. But I only this week discovered that there is a black vinyl version with a stamped & numbered inner sleeve.

Mike said...

I was watching the gold vinyl for this last week, and was surprised when it sold for only $8...I wish that I had paid attention and placed a bid.