Thursday, January 07, 2010

No Passing Phase

My only rule on this blog is that I've got to listen to the vinyl before I post about it. It doesn't matter if I've already got six copies...it has to hit the turn table for a spin before it goes up here. Sometimes, shit gets crazy and records get buried in the pile of new stuff coming in. That is the case for the Passing Phase LP from Dead Nation. I ordered this album from Six Feet Under Records back in JUNE, yet I haven't had a chance to listen to it until this week...a sure sign that I was receiving a little too much vinyl over the past few months. While this band isn't new to me, I've never heard the songs on this LP, so I grabbed one of the last copies that Six Feet Under had in stock. This album is a compilation of the band's two 7 inches, and it rages just as hard as their Dead End LP. If you've never heard of Dead Nation, a couple of the guys went on to form Tear It Up, and if you have never heard of them, you are really missing out. Both bands will kick your ass.

This is on a cool looking blue vinyl, with a hand numbered dust sleeve. Number 51 of 93 pressed. There were another 5 from this blue pressing that got special test press covers.

No comments: