Friday, January 01, 2010

Fired Up For Youngblood

One final post before I start pulling things together for my recap of 2009 post. I needed to get this one out of the way first, because one of these records is making it into my Top 10 for last year.
Along with the Carry On LP from Youngblood Records, that I posted about last week, I also received a bunch of other stuff that I was expecting.

A few weeks ago I saw the tour pressing of the When The Lights Go Out EP from Fired Up on eBay. This was the final piece of the puzzle that I needed to complete my collection. I was feeling determined to win it, but the auction was set to end during the day when I didn't have access to a computer...therefore, I couldn't snipe it at the last minute. The record was limited to 150, so I put a reasonable maximum bid amount on the auction, and put my faith in the eBay gods. When I checked the auction results later that night, I was disappointed to find that I had been outbid by about $15.00. Wow. I didn't expect that this would sell as high as it did. A day or two later, I was surprised to receive a Second Chance Offer to pick up this record for my maximum bid amount. Happily, I took the seller up on this offer. The seller happened to be Sean Youngblood, and since my Youngblood pre-orders were set to ship around the same time, he mailed them together.

Clear vinyl. Hand numbered 96 out of 150.

Along with my Youngblood pre-orders, I finally ordered a copy of the Coptic Times 7 inch. This was released in 2008, along with the Police & Thieves 7 inch. At the time, I didn't have extra spending money, and I didn't order either record. I've already regretted not picking up the excellent Police & Thieves record. Now, after hearing the Coptic Times record, I regret not ordering this one when the pre-orders went up as well. Great fast and thrashy hardcore with a strong skate vibe in the vein of Black Flag or Bl'ast. Very cool.

Sean sent me the Youngblood Showcase pressing for this 7 inch. White vinyl with a hand stamped dust sleeve. Number 103 out of 215.

Finally, we get to the latest pre-orders. First up is the newest Lion Of Judah 7 inch, number-rology. This is a really cool record, and I'm liking these three songs more than their last album, which was still pretty good. The packaging on this is very original, with the lyric sheet on the backside of some kind of totem lion mask. Everything about this looks amazing, and the green vinyl coordinates very well with record cover. Pretty slick all around.

Next up, is the amazing new release from Fired Up. Damn, the Doomed To Repeat 7 inch is just killer. The songs seem more raw and faster. It's too bad that this will be the last release from the band, but they put out a hell of a swan song.

The Fired Up 7 inch was released on white and blue vinyl. Since Youngblood takes forever to update their store and their discography pages on the website, I'm not sure what the pressing numbers are, or if there was other vinyl that was pressed.

Now that I've completed the collection for When The Lights Go Out, I figured that I'd get a picture of my Fired Up records.

5 comments:

Ewald said...

pressing info for doomed to repeat is:

24 accepted tests
24 rejected tests
100 gold for youngblood fest
150 white
350 blue

Mike said...

Thanks for the info!

xNBSx said...

Sick collection! It makes me feel awkwardly happy that someone liked us that much!

You are missing some stuff on that collection though! :)

Ewald is correct on the Doomed to Repeat pressing info

Here is the demo pressing info

Tape Demo
250 Hand Dubbed (some single sided, some double)
250 Professionally Dubbed (you can tell these by the fact that the tape ends right at the end of the last song)

Mike Driggs

Mike said...

Thanks Mike. Hey, if you've got an extra copy of the gold vinyl pressing for this, I'd gladly make you an offer.

xNBSx said...

Mike,
drop me an email at xnbsx@yahoo.com.

im in the process of moving yet again, but im sure i can get you a copy of that.

Also maybe some test press' cause it looks like youre missing those too!