Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pre-eBay Sale From React

It's about time that I got these records posted. I friggin' received them back at the beginning of November, and then they got buried in the stack of new vinyl. Bear with me, this is going to be a long post.


When I got my REACT! order for the new ON album, I was surprised to see that Marcus got a copy of the LP on blue vinyl. It is limited to 150 and I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get one. So disappointed in fact, that I let it be know in the comments for his post. That night, I got home from work and had an email from Aram waiting in my inbox. He had a copy that he was willing to part with, and said that if there was any other REACT! stuff that I was missing, then to just make an offer and he'd see if he could hook me up.

When Aram first told me that he had the blue vinyl for the ON LP available, I fired an offer to him. I was so excited to have the opportunity to get this pressing that my offer was a "little" high, and being the gentleman that he is, Aram countered my offer with a lower dollar amount. The blue vinyl pressing for this looks amazing next to the record cover.

I had seen some pictures that people had posted on the REACT! messageboard of the Gone But Not Forgotten 7 inch with an alternate cover. I asked Aram about it, and he said that they were copies for the band, and limited to 100. Word. I'll take one.

The next one that I was fucking stoked to pick up, was the Mindset 7 inch with the record release cover. I love the look of this cover.


The labels on side A and B are hand stamped


Number 6 of 78. 6 7 8...cool.

Speaking of Mindset, I took the opportunity to catch them in Boston a couple weeks ago. They were playing with Alert, Police & Thieves and Rival Mob...just a great line up. Leading up to the show, I couldn't find anyone to make the drive down with me. New England's first snow storm was in the forecast, and I almost just bailed on it and stayed at home. In addition to the great bands playing, the main thing that pushed me to get out and go to this show was that it was an opportunity to finally meet, face to face, some guys that I've met either through this blog, or through last.fm. I met up with Adam, and his brother-in-law, and hung out with them throughout the whole show. I finally met up with Keith from Alert, and talked with him Alert's singer, Mike. I also got to say hi to Carlos from Police & Thieves. In addition to all the cool people that I met, Sweet Pete was there and I got to hang with him for a while too...we got talking about the old Boston bands that were around when we first met at shows...bands like Kingpin, Said & Done, Endless, and Third Degree. The show itself was great. Alert played a couple of new songs that sounded really good, Police & Thieves were pretty tight and did a great Chain of Strength cover (see picture above), but Mindset just killed it. After seeing this band live, you can't help but have a greater appreciation for how good they are. Awesome gig. Awesome night.

3 comments:

Aram Arslanian said...

Looking good man! Thanks for all the support!!!!

mcs said...

Good records, good post. Although not exactly that long a post to be honest. I have one in draft that is getting on for 3000 words!

Wade said...

great records, great bands. good show.