Saturday, October 24, 2009

Taking Hostages

When I saw Hostage Calm play at the last show for The First Step a year ago, I was hopeful that they would have vinyl for their newest LP, Lens. I was disappointed to find that they only had it available on CD. Thankfully, Redscroll Records made sure that this saw a proper vinyl release at the beginning of 2009. I'm kind of at a loss on how to describe Hostage Calm's sound, because they don't really have a sound that I can easily compare them to. They do a nice melodic hardcore style that typically turns me off...but really, I'm loving this. Listening to this today, I can't help but be impressed. Packaging on this is pretty slick as well, with a nice big fold out lyric sheet. The copy that I picked up was on a white and black split colored vinyl, and limited to 200.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Never heard this band either. Are they any good?