Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Doing Nothing

Other than sitting on a board and riding it down my driveway when I was 10 years old, I have never skated. I've never felt coordinated enough to even attempt it...knowing that I would soon end up on my ass. So even though I've never done it, I can still appreciate a good skate band. Whether you are Possessed To Skate with Suicidal, catching a Frontside Grind with Underdog, going to Skate and Destroy with SSS, or "grinding slappies all day long" with Nothing Done...I'm down with it. I've been scouring eBay for Nothing Done's Idiot Stomp 7 inch for a while now, and was pretty excited to finally find and win a copy...even if was only on black vinyl and limited to 720 copies. This was released on Not Just Words Records back in 2004, and has been sold out for a while. Man, this EP rages. Hardcore punk with plenty of attitude.

4 comments:

Doug W said...

Wow. Ok, you hve to fill me in. I have never heard of this band. Ever. I thought I was up on the skate rock. Fill me in my man.

xroldx said...

Damn Doug, Nothing Done is quite possibly the best Dutch hc/skateband ever. They released one 7" and two full lengths.

The singer nowadays is in The Real Danger which reminds me a lot of Descendents and the musicians now play in State Of Mind which a groovy Crown Of Thornz kind of band.

Pim said...

Only Arjan is playing in State Of Mind right? The rest of the guys didn't play in Nothing Done as far as I know?

I think before that Harm (Reaching Forward, Modern Life Is War) played bass and Henk maybe (Spirit 84, Icepick, Dead Scenestars, Remain etc).

Cool band.

buzzkill.xvx said...

hey,
i have some ltd nothing done lp's fpr trade. drop me a line if you're interested.
G.Ritz77@web.de