Friday, September 18, 2009

React Records For The Win

The latest React pre-orders arrived this week. I typically do a first in, first out method for blogging, but since Marcus has already written about this one, I figured that I knock this one out know instead of putting it on the bottom of the pile. When pre-orders went up for this one, my bank account took a huge hit as I ordered the Hardcore Lives package deal from React, the Reaper Records special pressing of the ON album, plus another chunk of change was sent over to Powered Records for their pre-order of the ON album as well. In one day, I managed to blow over $100 on pre-orders. The race was on, and I wondered which label was going to get me the vinyl first. React easily took first place as I'm still waiting for the other two labels to cross the finish line.
I didn't hold back with my React pre-order, and went for the Hardcore Lives package deal which got you 2 pressings of the ON LP, three copies of the Gone But Not Forgotten 7 inch, plus 1 shirt from each band. Judging from Marcus' pictures, it looks like it also got you a different screened cardboard mailer (which are always a cool bonus).

I was happy with my ON records until I noticed that Marcus got a blue pressing of the record. I was at work today, and all of a sudden I couldn't remember if my colored vinyl for this was blue or white. Blue was the more limited color with only 150 pressed, where the white pressing was of 250. I was certain that I had received blue vinyl, as Marcus had, but I couldn't be sure and started having doubts. It got so bad at one point that I considered calling my daughter at home when she got off the school bus, and asking her to check which color I had. I stuck it out and checked immediately when I got home...shit....white vinyl. I was bummed. How was I going to get my hand on that blue vinyl pressing? I made a couple comments on Marcus' blog, expressing my disappointment in finding out that I had white vinyl, and within a couple of hours I had an email in my inbox from a friend saying that he could hook me up. Made my day.

The last piece of the Hardcore Lives package was the three colors of the Gone But Not Forgotten 7 inch pressing of the demo. React had previously released this on cassette, and while I hate the format, I still bought one. I'm glad that React decided to release this on vinyl as well. Great straight edge hardcore, with a strong Brotherhood feel to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear more of a Turning Point demo era sound to the GBNF 7", but it's a pretty raging record, I'm glad you finally got your package, that GBNF shirt actually looks pretty awesome, may have to buy one!

mcs said...

glad to hear that the story had a happy ending!

Wade said...

im surprised u got ur react order before your reaper order. i think people started gettin their reaper orders like weeks ago.