Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Overloading The Collection

Just Another Day Records is really impressing me. I loved the Debaser 7 inch that I received earlier this month, and their newest 7 inch from Overload, We Live Here And Now, is a quality release as well. The pre-order version for this record is pretty sweet. Not only do you get the dust sleeve personalized and hand numbered (which is a nice touch, even though he spelled my name wrong and had to scratch it out!), but it comes with a different cover, and is one of the sickest looking pieces of gold vinyl that I have ever seen. Pictures do not do it justice, but it really looks amazing. Sebastian from Just Another Day had intended to press 88 on gold vinyl, but the pressing plant ended up only giving him 44, which make the pre-order version even more limited. Apparently the plant ended up pressing this on a lot more colors than Seb had requested, so like the Debaser record, there are a bunch of these to collect. In addition to the gold pre-order pressing, I also got the purple/pink marble (limited to 74) and the brown/grey mix (limited to 95).

Like Debaser, I had never really heard Overload when I purchased their record. A few guys, who's opinions I trust, had been saying good things about the band...plus with that record cover, it is no surprise what kind of hardcore they play. Straight Edge Old School Hardcore. I'm liking it, and will be talking to Seb to try and get my hands on other pressings of this solid record.

1 comment:

Wade said...

ive been meaning to pick this up, ive got a chance to see them this summer and they impressed me. i picked up their tape.