Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crucial Times

I was checking the What I Got Today In The Mail thread on the React messageboard a couple months back, and saw that someone had posted a picture of the first Get The Most 7 inch on red and blue vinyl. I had no idea that this had been repressed. I checked the Crucial Response webstore and went a little crazy ordering more shit than I can really afford. Since shipping overseas is a bitch, I figured that if I'm going to place an order, I might as well make it a big one.

First thing I picked up was the second pressing of the Common Goals E.P. from Get The Most. Limited to 296 on red and 203 on blue vinyl. Band is so good.

Now I have heard that the guys in Brotherhood never really gave the Crucial Response guys permission to release this album which compiles all their recordings. If they are getting ripped off, that sucks, however this record was the only place that I was going to get to hear these songs when I picked it up 15 years ago through the Ebullition mailorder. The only pressing I had of the 12 inch is the second press on black vinyl. For the third press, Crucial Response took 101 copies of the black vinyl and created silk screened covers for them as part of their Raw Data series.

Another one from the Raw Data series with the silk screened covers...again, limited to only 101. This one is for the These Words Still Pray 12 inch from Onward. When this was released back in 1997, I had pretty much stopped buying vinyl at the time and was only buying CD's. Since this was a vinyl only release, I never picked it up. I'm glad that I finally have it in my collection.

The last record that I picked up was the Break Free LP from One Voice. I first heard this band on the Youth Crew 2009 comp 7 inch, and was really impressed. This album contains the songs from their 7 inch, plus the demo and comp song. Man, I am loving the songs from their 7 inch! Very reminiscent of the Loud and Clear album and probably early Justice, and at times it reminds me a bit of Lights Out. Limited to 300 on orange vinyl.

4 comments:

mcs said...

Hang on a minute... you just bought that Brotherhood LP from Crucial Response? Man, I was checking their discography the other day (for reasons that will become obvious soon enough) and saw this, and added it to my want list. Little did I realise you can still buy it!!!! Amazing. I'm off over to Crucial Response right now...

Anonymous said...

Get The Most are incredible, I just have a boring old black vinyl of that record, maybe I need to change that. Did you score the demo 7" on REACT! too?

Mike said...

Yeah, I've got the 3 colors of the demo from React as well!

kylec123 said...

I really nee tp get that brotherhood LP before its gone. I keep putting it off.