Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hey Kool Aid!

The real tragedy is that I didn't pick up the Shepherd to Lost Sheep 7 inch from Cheap Tragedies when Livewire released it about a year ago. I seriously slept on this one. I'm sure that when Livewire originally released it, I was feeling the purse strings tightening, and so I passed on ordering it. Since the band features the singer from Face Value and the guitarist from Right Idea/Committed, waiting on this one probably wasn't a wise move. The two pressings eventually sold out through Livewire, but recently they uncovered a few extra copies of the purple vinyl (limited to 200 pressed). This time I didn't wait and placed my order through Livewire's distro, Merchnow. Very cool record with great cover art of Kool Aid wreaking havoc at the Jonestown party.

2 comments:

luciferyellow said...

I love Cheap Tragedies!! Have you checked out their full-length LP? On clear wax (for those like you who care... Looks pretty sweet. Sounds pretty good, too - that much I know already)
http://www.matwrecords.com/images/misc/CheapTragLPs.jpg

Mike said...

This is the only record that I have from them, but I need to get more of thier stuff for sure.