Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dead Wait

I have an unwritten rule for my blog posts...I must listen to the vinyl before I write about it. Because of this rule, it has taken me a little longer than I would like to get these posts written. I have a huge pile of new records sitting beside me at the computer, but I haven't had time to listen to any of them. Packages keep arriving in the mail, and the pile of vinyl keeps growing higher and higher...it's a tough problem to have, I know. Now that the kids have started track practice a couple of nights a week, I don't know when I'm going to get the time to listen to all of it.
Tonight, with Julia not feeling well, and Sam wrapped up in an episode of Spongbob, I was able to drop the needle on the newest pressing of Slayer's Live Undead. This one was part of Metal Blade Records vinyl re-release for Slayer in 2008, and it was the final record I needed to complete my collection of them. I delayed buying this one, because I knew is was one of the ugly picture discs like Hell Awaits. Still, Metal Blade did a decent job at reissuing these with some nice packaging, and being the completist, I had to finish what I started.

No comments: