Saturday, March 07, 2009

Thrash With A Small Moustache

As I had promised, here is another entry for more SSS vinyl. After I received the red vinyl copy that I had won on eBay, I sent him a message to thank the seller, and to let him know that the package arrived safely. Turned out that the seller was the singer for the band, and he mentioned that he had clear vinyl pressings for the Burton 7 inch, as well as the pre-Earache pressing of the LP on Dead & Gone Records. Man, I hate making an offer to people when buying vinyl. Fuck, I'm talking to the singer of the band, and I don't want to insult the man with a low offer, but I really have no idea how much these are worth. In the end, it worked out and he accepted my offer, and let me know what else he had available, so my SSS shopping spree is far from over. And since I seem to have been fucked over by Ian Leck on the Walk the Plank vinyl, I may end up just buying them from Foxy, since he at least seems to be dependable.
The LP is limited to 300, and the 7 inch only had 100 made on clear vinyl. The Burton 7 inch is beautifully packaged, with a nice sturdy cardboard cover, and lots of cool inserts including a comic strip of the band leveling a forest for a skate park. Rad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I've been following your blog for a while now. Just wanted to let you know I'm going to be having a clear out of records/demos/t-shirts etc over easter when I'm back from Uni. Among the stuff I'm going to be selling is an original SSS demo (with all the stickers etc) and as you've mentioned SSS a few times thought you might be interested. I also have a few rare jams from other UK bands (Walk the plank etc if your interested). Would have e-mailed but I couldn't find one anywhere so thought I'd do it by blog comment.

Get back to me.

-JR