Sunday, June 08, 2008

Every Effort Made

When pre-orders went up for the new full length album by The Effort, I was optimistic that it was going to be a strong record. So optimistic in fact, that I ordered the package deal getting the special pre-order pressing with the silk screened cover (mine was number 42 of 75), the black vinyl pressing (limited to 225 pressed), solid blue (250 pressed), the blue/clear splatter (350 pressed), plus the CD and a t-shirt! I was just so impressed by the bands set at the Edge Day show, that I decided to drop some money on this release. Over all there are some great moments on this album. It didn't really grab me immediately, but some of the songs are starting to sink in, and I'm starting to dig this more and more. The Price Of Medication is such a killer song...and Sweet Pete from In My Eyes does guest vocals on Black Sheep. Pete's vocal delivery is very different than I ever heard from him...very raw.
While I still need to build another wall of shelving for my Music Room, this weekend I decided to move in my record collection. Since I had some available space I was also able to put about about a quarter of my CD's in a temporary home.

6 comments:

BB said...

the music room looks awesome so far!

xroldx said...

So far I've only heard the songs with Sweet Pete and I love that one, though I do think the music is a bit too slow.

I will however pick up this record when I see it, I think the rest of the songs have to grow on you.

Mike said...

Yeah Rold, I think that is it...it's too slow. It's good, intense stuff, it just needs to pick up the pace sometimes.

Tyler said...

I have yet to hear the new Effort. I'll pick it up next time I'm at the record store i think, if i get there sometime soon.

That shelving looks great Mike, i would do something similar to that if i had the space... and more records to fill the shelves.

Onno said...

Do I see the Slayer box there ;-)

Mike said...

You sure do! The Slayer box set, along with one from Sabbath, The Doors, and a Deep Purple singles box....