Monday, August 13, 2007

Wasting My Time

I picked up a couple of new 7 inches from Grave Mistake Records. Both Government Warning and Wasted Time had something new to give. The Government Warning record starts off with the title track, Arrested, and the lyrics "God bless the USA, and only the USA." scream off the vinyl with a classic Born Against style. Wasted Time was new to me, but I decided to take a chance on them. Wow, this is easily going to be one of my favorite 7 inches of 2007. They take their name from a Negative FX song and they play an intense style of hardcore not unlike that band, or Last Rights, or early Slapshot (basically any early 80's hardcore band that Choke was involved with). I had placed my order with Grave Mistake with hopes of possibly picking up one of the few copies of colored vinyl left in stock for Government Warning, but they sold out so quickly that I only got the black vinyl for both records.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Both these records rip. I can't wait to get my new record player in a couple weeks. I finally found one with a headphone jack in it so i don't have to deal with crappy speakers. Which is appareantly pretty rare.

It also has a magnetic pick-up which blows any crystal pick-up out of the water.

Mike said...

I'm going to need a new turntable pretty soon. Sometimes mine does not want to spin, and I've got to give it a little push to get it started.

Tyler said...

Haha it's getting old eh.......