Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sabbath From Japan

One of my newest obsessions, and if you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that there are quite a few of them. This time around it is Japanese pressings. When I started collecting Iron Maiden vinyl, I knew that I wanted to get a Japanese pressing of one of their albums...just for collectors sake. I ended up getting the Killers LP and their Live Plus One EP. I loved the packaging on these records...the OBI strip around the record sleeve, and the extra insert. When I got my Japanese pressing of Sabbath's Master of Reality, I was hit with the urge to add any other Metal/Rock record from Japan to my collection. The first one that I found was Live Evil from Black Sabbath. Picked it up for $10.50 on eBay.
I think that Live Evil may have been one of the first Black Sabbath album that I had. I don't even know where I got it from, but I had taped it off of someone. I remember, as a kid, blasting this album from my boom box. Cranking these songs as my soundtrack, playing basketball in my driveway under the hot summer sun. Music is tied heavily to my memories of growing up, and this is one of those albums that will always remind me of those days as a kid...just hanging out with my brother and playing basketball and baseball with neighborhood friends.

1 comment:

Bandit said...

Would that be "gorilla basketball"?