Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Fifth Step

I was able to get myself a copy of the Euro pressing of the new First Step album...my fifth copy of What We Know. Rivalry Records posted on their website that they had around 25 copies available, a mix of the white cover and the regular cover, both on grey vinyl. I noticed the posting a couple of day after they put it up, and I expected that they would have already been sold out, but surprisingly, I was able to order one, requesting the white cover. I was happy to get my hands on one. I had almost ordered one through Not Just Words Records, but the shipping from Europe was ridiculous so I passed on it. Glad I waited. This pressing with the white cover is limited to 270.
I love this record...it may even beat out Betrayed and Have Heart for my favorite for 2006. It is just so much fun. It really reminds me of those days when I first heard bands like Insted. Great positive straight edge hardcore.
The First Step
What We Know
Not afraid to say what's in my heart
Even if you put it down or tear it apart
We're standing on a solid foundation
Built on caring, honesty, the edge, and dedication

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I love the first step dude. "What We Know" grows on me everytime i listen to it. The lyrics to "As It Is" are really inspiring too.