Friday, September 08, 2006

Deep Purple Rock

As a part of my awakening and appreciation of 70's rock, I fell in love with Deep Purple. I grew up hating this band. Back in the late 80's, when I was getting heavily into Thrash and Death Metal, I had a friend that tried to get me into this band. I wanted nothing to do with them. Shit was too "old and boring" for me. Here we are 25 years later and I'm a bit more open minded (or maybe just old and boring!). I can't remember what inspired me to give them another shot, but when I did, I was blown away by the intensity of the music. Shit is heavy. Not in the sense of heavy like 80's and 90's metal, but heavy with so much power behind those riffs...that voice. Amazing. This entry is for the Deep Purple In Rock vinyl. It is the Japanese pressing. I saw it on eBay for only $7.00 and jumped on it. Shipping from Japan was a little expensive, but I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity. Pretty cool with the song titles written in Japanese on the inside of the gatefold cover and a price of what looks like 2,300 yen on the back.

No comments: