Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The New Bright Shiny Object


I really try to focus on completing the collections that I am currently working on, but sometimes I get distracted by a band that is currently commanding a lot of my attention. The current flavor of the month is Motorhead. They are such a classic. I'm not sure what brought on this current obsession, but I have been working my way through their CD's that I have in my collection. Admittedly, most of them are burned CD's from stuff that I have downloaded over the years. I was thinking that I would like to buy the original vinyl copies to truly own their releases, and did a search on eBay to see what was out there. I stumbled across their Motorhead/City Kids 7 inch on white vinyl. The record was released in 1977 and was in mint condition. The record was released before the band had even dropped their first album. I was thinking about how much history was wrapped up in this record, and since it was in such great condition, I figured that I'd throw a bid on it and see if I could pick it up at a reasonable price. I was surprised that I won it at only $15.00. I looked for some more information on this record online and found out that it is also available in pink, black, blue, and orange vinyl. My goal had been set...I needed a copy of each of these. Another search of eBay uncovered an auction for the pink pressing. Bids were made and I picked it up for $22.50. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I was committed to winning this record and getting my Motorhead collection underway.

No comments: